So…Social Media you say?…Why? you ask…Well, because:
- Pizza is the most popular Instagrammed food, behind sushi and steak.
- Only 25%of Facebook users bother to check or adjust their privacy settings.
- The bird featured in Twitter’s iconic logo and branding is called Larry. Sadly, Larry wasn’t named after WordStream’s own Larry Kim, but rather legendary Boston Celtics forward Larry Bird.
- Almost half of all Twitter accounts — 44 % — have never sent a tweet.
- As of 2013, Twitter had the operational capacity to handle 18 QUINTILLIONuser accounts.
- Every minute we collectively send more than 30 million messages on Facebook and almost 350,000 tweets.
- Two new users join LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn is available in 20 different languages.
- Last year, the most overused word in LinkedIn profiles was “motivated.”
- Internet users have an average of 54social media accounts.
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year.
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second.
- 38% of organizations plan to spend more than 20% of their total advertising budgets on social media channels in 2015, up from 13% a year ago.
- People aged 55–64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger.
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles.
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.
…oh yeah…and also because….
- On WordPress alone, 56 million blog posts are published every month.
- A 2011 study by AOL/Nielsen showed that 27 million pieces of content were shared every day, and today 2 billion images are shared each day.
- Google processes 100 billion searches a month…That’s an average of 40,000 search queries every second.
- Every day, 16 to 20% of that day’s queries have never been asked before…and Google has answered450 billion unique queries since 2003.
- Those searches are carried out by 17 billion unique users.
- For the 18–49 age group, YouTube has greater reach than any cable network.
- To carry out all these searches, Google’s data center uses 01% of worldwide electricity.
- 500 million people visit Twitter each month without logging in.
- On YouTube, the user who submitted the video with the most views is “Charlie bit my finger”, with 834,956,899 views.
…not to mention…
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- There are 25 billion hours of video watched each month.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages(covering 95% of the Internet population).
- When Instagram introduced videos, more than 5 million were shared in 24 hours.
- New York City is the most frequently geotagged city on Instagram (source), and Times Square is the second-most geotagged place.
- Google+cost over half a billion to design and develop.
- Food and drink are the most popular category on Pinterest, with approximately 57% of users reporting interaction with food and drink-related pins.
…..and the list goes on….
These guys get all the credit :